Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hand holding and blackberries. Just another day in grade three...

One of the kids in my practicum showed up with a blackberry today. He's in grade three. Why? Parents - what are you thinking?
That being said, I am starting to think that grade three might just be the perfect grade to teach.

Today for example, I saw a boy and girl holding hands. Clearly, a first for both of them. He seemed way more pumped than she was. She strikes me as a bit of a heartbreaker. She is always wearing tank tops :)

Then, there was this one student who made comment after comment. I personally think she is one of the funniest kids I have ever met. She is such a geek, but that is what makes her so loveable. She was telling me today about the valentines her grandma sent her to hand out. "They are really beautiful, but there are only 15. They are for the girls, and maybe for my secret admirer!" [assuming she meant the boy she likes] Later on, she tried handwriting her numbers. She explained to the class, "I am pretty creative so I decided to do it a little different." I seriously love going to that class week after week, largely due to her. Sigh. I hope I have kiddies like that in my class one day.

Going to see Avatar tonight. Bringing kleenex! Nothing like 3-D and free popcorn :) and also, time spent with this boy...
see you soon folk fest!

2 comments:

  1. wowee! look at this widened template! bravo!

    you're going to love love love avatar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the more stories i hear like this, the happier i am that we didn't have anything like blackberries growing up.
    s.

    ReplyDelete