Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Lovely Impromptu Feast

I think God tried to tell me something tonight. His message sounded something like, "it is seriously time to cook more at home".

Boyfriend and I used to cook at his house alllll the time! I loved it! But for some reason we always seem to fall prey to the eat out/take out routine. We'll get back into cooking for awhile, but then back to our silly habits.

Well tonight, boyfriend started making pizza sauce. We did it from scratch. We had some mini pizza shells and some cheese. We quickly picked up some capicola, pepperoni, and prosciutto from sobeys. Then we proceeded to make the most delicious pizza I have had in a long time. Seriously so good!


We also happened to have the fixings for a delicious salad. It had a dressing inspired by EA's fav, grapefruit, feta, and tomato. It made me realize I don't make enough versatile salad.



Alas, most of the salad was long gone before I snapped a picture of it. This whole blogging thing is finally starting to occur to me, except I am still a little slow (missed a lovely photo-op at wasabi broadway last night as well!).

I have been thinking a lot about Julia Child lately. What a beautiful story! If you haven't, you should absolutely read "My Life in France". It is about a trillion times better than "Julie and Julia" (although I've only seen the movie version of "J&J". I suppose the book could be better?) The way she conveys her passion for France and French food, and really for cooking in general is so inspiring! Oh to fly away to France with the boyfriend and my sweet Winston. I think I could handle it! Till then, I will have to master some of her recipes. I will try not to blog about it a la Julie Powell! What to try first is the question...

3 comments:

  1. oh yes! bittman is the best!
    soon i should read 'my life in france' ... but i worry that i will die of desire and never again see the good in our own city. nothing compares to france.
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boeuf Bourguignon! i've had it and it is TELLEMENT DELICIEUX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! settle down photography genius!

    are you starting your own business? because if you are, i have the perfect name ...

    'protography'! yess

    ReplyDelete