Monday, January 11, 2010

And so it begins again...


Well, week 2 of the lovely winter semester begins today. Already there is a pile of homework to finish. I actually found myself in my second class of the day writing down a list of all the things I have to do. Not the best time to be distracting myself. Oh well. How about a list of things to look forward to?

1. Dance party on Thursday at a lovely local pub with the LOVELIEST of friends. Perhaps the best part of this night will be the band playing. Zrada. Ukranian-Ethno-Fusion. Oh the contacts a simple barista can make while working at Starbucks!
2. Brunch at the Fort Garry Hotel on Sunday in honour of my brother's quarter-century birthday.

thank you j for posting this on your facebook so I could put i on my blog
3. A trip to Montreal with a bestie for reading week. I know this is going to come up fast. I am going to try not to think about it. I've never been. I've heard amazing things. I cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. gotta love those ukranians!

    -when you are in montreal, hop on the subway to the jean talon marche (http://www.marchespublics-mtl.com/) for some fresh produce and bread!
    -and, go to beatnik records for some vinyl: http://www.beatnickmusic.com/
    -and don't forget the giant h&m on rue sainte-catherine.

    i'm sure janni can give you more places to vist, but these are my favourite.
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! i saw this picture and thought "oh this looks mighty familiar...". thanks for the photo cred even though i neglected to give you the appropriate photo cred for the yellow pants picture.

    oh montréal - city of my heart/ville de mon coeur. you are going to FALL IN LOVE!

    XO

    ReplyDelete